How can you make it work





I imagine you are wondering how you can make a keto diet work.  You are busy, so am I.  I think the key is to plan ahead.  I buy meat and cook it.  I put single servings of beef, pork, chicken and bratwurst in freezer bags.  When I want to eat dinner I'll microwave my meat and make a salad or vegetables.  Easy dinner!  For lunch, I tend to eat the same thing every day.  I have celery sticks dipped in guacamole, a big piece of blue cheese, and two hard boiled eggs with high-fat mayo.  Breakfast for me is a cup or two of coffee with heavy whipping cream.  If I feel like a snack, I eat nuts or pork rinds and have another coffee.  I also made some bone broth.  And I may swap the 2nd cup of coffee in the morning, and the afternoon coffee with bone broth.  So for me prepping meals means precooking hard boil eggs, and single servings of meat.  As long as I keep a supply of salad, celery, guacamole, and nuts and cheese in the house I'm pretty set.  I made so much meat the first day of this diet (12 days ago), I have not had to cook anything but eggs and bone broth.  I have a big garden so my salad in steps away (at least 8 months a year).  I will make dinner for my family, but I have my meals prepped for another week.  I also drink at least 3 liters of water a day.  And to satisfy my sweet tooth, I chew Orbit sugar-free gum two times a day.  Keto gives you bad breath, the gum helps with that too.  I keep water and nuts in my car.  I take heavy cream with me when I go out for coffee. Today I went shopping with my daughter.  We eat lunch out.  I ordered a bratwurst with mustard.  I pulled some celery sticks and tomatoes and guacamole from my shopping bag (it was a cafeteria, not a nice restaurant).  That was lunch. Below is a keto shopping list.  There is also a video on bone broth.  

How to make bone broth in a crock pot  HERE

And this has many ideas on Asian bone broth-  HERE




Beginner Keto Grocery List

  • Bacon
  • Cauliflower
  • Ranch or Caesar dressing (check labels)
  • Coconut Oil
  • Coffee
  • MCT Oil
  • Whipping cream
  • Macadamia Nuts
  • Avocado
  • Butter
  • Fresh mozzarella
  • Asparagus
  • Spinach
  • Zucchini
  • Full fat hard cheese
  • Eggs
  • Chicken thighs
  • Unsweetened tree nut butter (almond, cashew, etc)
  • Olives
  • Pickles (sipping the juice helps balance your electrolytes if they get out of what when entering ketosis. I found it to keep any nausea at bay too.)
  • Sea Salt (contains salt and potassium to help with your electrolytes)






Comments

Popular Posts